In 1898 Egisto Lenzi started in Prato his activity to recover noble fibers from used garments, an activity nowadays known as "virtuous fiber recycling".
For few years the recycled fibers were sold on the local textile wool industry, but few years later, he converted his business to the internal production and sale of finished fabrics, creating the company's first productive core. Developments were rapid and in 1936 it was necessary to expand production with the production site of Vaiano, in a larger industrial area, where the head office and part of the production are still located.
The acquisition of production units in the area made the Lenzi Egisto Group to become an integrated production company, able to cover the entire textile cycle: traditional weaving, jacquard weaving, printing, finishing, special finishing such as lamination, coating, lamination, resin coating and special treatments.
The Research and Development and Quality Control Centre completes and integrates this cycle.The production of "unconventional" fabrics and the continuous search for innovative textile solutions begins in the immediate post-war period, but it is only in the last two decades that, also thanks to a partnership with DuPont®, the great technological transformations in the textile sector led to the consolidation of new commercial strategies.
After a last generational change, in June 2013 Leathertex Srl took over the Lenzi Egisto® brand, know-how and most of production units, giving continuity to technical textile tradition, peculiar to Lenzi Group in the Prato district by over a century.